Join us and travel to the largest man-made hole on earth to experience the overlook of the world’s first open-pit copper mine.
- Adult Ages 9+
- Child Ages 8 & under
Float in the Great Salt Lake!
Great Salt Lake is so salty that you simply cannot sink in it. Learn the science behind the lake that is up to ten times as salty as the ocean. Travel to a historic beach resort and enjoy romantic tales from a century ago. Missing this tour is like having popcorn without salt!
- Inland Sea Shorebird Reserve: several million migratory birds of over 250 species visit Great Salt Lake each year.
- Wildlife: antelope roam the open plains.
- Saltair: hear tales of a historic beach resort built by the Mormon Church to be a family-friendly attraction amidst the rowdy pleasure resorts of the early 1900s. Once known as the “Coney Island of the West,” it’s now in its third iteration.
- Utah State Marina: home of the Great Salt Lake Yacht Club, “the world’s saltiest sailors!”
- Visitor Center: science and history exhibits, gift shop
- Silver Sands Beach: walk the shores of soft, pearl-like sand — photo opportunities abound.
- Observation Deck: this scenic overlook of the Great Salt Lake, its islands, and the surrounding Rocky Mountains makes for spectacular photos.
- Catch a live sea monkey! The only creature that can survive in this lake, once sold to children through comic books